- Get Involved
- Digital Library
Shepard Fairey: Supply and Demand
February 20—August 22, 2010
Come see renowned street artist and political provocateur, Shepard Fairey’s first museum retrospective! An extensive exploration of the artist’s 20-year career, the exhibition is mounted in two parts: the works displayed inside the CAC and external projects.
- The CAC’s galleries show approximately 250 pieces tracing the artist's career from his early Andre the Giant work to the iconic Obama HOPE image to a brand new large-format mural custom-made for the lobby.
- The external projects are murals at sites throughout the Greater Cincinnati region that have been secured with the permission of the owners in advance.
A Special Thank You
CAC Exhibition Sponsors: Duke Energy; Lightborne; Murray and Robin Sinclaire. CAC Supporting Sponsor: Jennie Rosenthal Berliant and Allan Berliant. Fine Arts Fund Corporate Partner: Macy's
Shepard Fairey: Supply and Demand is organized by the Institute for Contemporary Art/Boston.
Read about Shepard Fairey in the news:
New Shepard Fairey print announced! Print to be available exclusively at the Contemporary Arts Center - Fine Art Publicity
Contemporary Arts Center Announces Mobile Application for Exploring Cincinnati through the Shepard Fairey Murals - Fine Art Publicity
Contemporary Arts Center App Explores Cincinnati Through Shepard Fairey Murals - ArtDaily
The Contemporary Arts Center Displays Shepard Fairey Murals Interactively - Art Knowledge News
- Shepard Fairey creates second 'Rise Above' print - Enquirer
- Hope and Glory - CityBeat
Hope and Glory (Update) - CityBeat
- A Familiar Face if Not a Name - Enquirer
- Fairey Tale - Soapbox
- Messages Dominant in Fairey Retrospective - The Columbus Dispatch
- Sampling Culture - CityBeat
- Artist Looks to Be Legal - New York Times
- Shepard Fairey Returns to New York (With Permission) - New York Times ArtsBeat Blog
- Artist Shepard Fairey Returns to Cincinnati - Enquirer