- Get Involved
- Digital Library
Monday: 10 am – 9 pm (FREE after 5 pm, thanks to Macy's*)
Tuesday: Closed (CAC STORE is open 11 am-6 pm)
Wednesday - Friday: 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11 am – 6 pm
The CAC is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day (closing at 6pm on Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve)
Educators, Seniors (60+) & Students: $5.50
Members and Children under 5: FREE
*Admission is FREE on Monday nights 5–9pm, thanks to Macy’s
The Contemporary Arts Center is a non-collecting institution (see mission). Without a permanent collection, all exhibitions on view are temporary and ever-changing. Although from time to time we might host exhibitions that contain some mature content, the UnMuseum is a consistent, family-friendly space that is always open and suitable for all audiences at all times. There truly is something for everyone at the CAC. We encourage anyone who has questions about the exhibitions currently on view, to call 513.345.8400 for more information.
Private Guided Group Tours: Experts are available for private guided tours of the Contemporary Arts Center. These tours focus on the architecture and/or exhibitions, and must be scheduled at least three weeks in advance. The fee for these tours is $150 per group (of up to 25 people), inclusive of admission. For more information or to schedule a tour, contact us at 513 345 8419 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Self-Guided Group Tours: Groups of 10 or more who schedule a self-guided tour through the Education Department at least two weeks in advance receive a $1 per person discount off the regular price of admission. To schedule the self-guided group rate, contact us at 513 345 8419 or email@example.com.
Directions and Parking
The Lois & Richard Rosenthal Center for Contemporary Art is completely wheelchair accessible. Please contact us if you have additional needs:
Lindsey Jones, Visitor Services Manager: 513.345.8400 x0 firstname.lastname@example.org
From Kentucky/South of Cincinnati:
- From I-75/I-71: Take 1-75 North across Brent Spence Bridge. Stay in right lane. Take the 5th Street Exit. Take 5th Street to Vine Street. Turn Left on Vine. Take Vine Street to 7th Street. Turn right on 7th Street. Take 7th to Walnut Street. Turn right on Walnut. CAC is on the corner of 6th and Walnut.
- From I-471: Take I-471 across the Daniel Carter Beard Bridge into Ohio. Take the 6th Street exit. CAC is on your right, at the corner of 6th and Walnut.
From North of Cincinnati:
- From I-75 Southbound: Take Exit 1E West 7th Street. Take 7th to Walnut Street. Turn right on Walnut. CAC is on your right, on the corner of 6th and Walnut.
- From I-71 Southbound: Exit on the left onto E. 3rd Street toward Downtown/Riverfront. Turn right on Main Street. Turn left on 6th Street. CAC is on your right, at the corner of 6th and Walnut.
From Indiana/West of Cincinnati:
- Take I-74 East toward Cincinnati. Take the I-75South exit. Take Exit 1E West 7th Street. Turn right on Walnut. CAC is on the corner of 6th and Walnut.
From West Side of Cincinnati:
- US-50/River Road Eastbound: Becomes 6th Street Expressway. Merge onto West 5th Street. Turn left on Elm St. Turn right on 7th Street. Turn right on Walnut. CAC is on your right, on the corner of 6th and Walnut.
- Glenway/8th Street Viaduct: Take 8th Street toward downtown. Merge onto West 7th Street. Turn right on Walnut St. CAC is on your right, on the corner of 6th and Walnut.
- Harrison/Western Hills Viaduct: Cross Viaduct and take Exit 2B onto I-75 South. Take exit 1E to merge onto West 7th Street. Turn right on Walnut St. Turn right on 6th Street. CAC is on your right, at the corner of 6th and Walnut.
From East Side of Cincinnati:
- US-50 Westbound/Columbia Parkway: Take US-50 toward downtown. Take the 6th Street Exit. CAC is on your right, at the corner of 6th and Walnut.
Nearby Parking Garages
Parking in Cincinnati, whether at a meter, in a garage or on a surface lot, is abundant and easy to find. Downtown Cincinnati, Inc. has an updated and extensive list of available parking with prices included.
- Fountain Square Garage
- Between 5th and 6th. Enter on Walnut or Vine. Garage is underneath Fountain Square.
- Center at 600 Vine Garage
- Between 6th and 7th. Enter on Vine. Garage is underneath the Center at 600. Going North on Vine, turn right after passing 6th Street to go into the garage.
- Between Vine and Walnut. Enter on 7th. Garage is underneath the URS tower. Going east on 7th, turn left after passing Vine Street to go into the garage.
- Macy's Garage
- Between Race and Vine Streets. Enter on 7th. Garage is underneath Macy's corporate headquarters. Going east on 7th, turn right after passing Race Street to go into the garage.
- 580 Garage
- Between 6th and 5th Streets. Enter on Walnut. Garage is underneath 580 Building. Going south on Walnut, turn left after passing 6th Street to go into the garage.
Please note: The CAC is not affiliated with, nor responsible for, the garages listed here. Prices, rules and regulations vary from garage to garage and are subject to change.
Metro/SORTA serves the Cincinnati area in Ohio. Most of the routes stop close to CAC. You can plan your trip and download a schedule on the Metro/SORTA web site. Just type "CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER" into the destination field.
- Southbank Shuttle/TANK serves Northern Kentucky with service into Downtown Cincinnati; many TANK routes stop at CAC's doorstep. Visit the Southbank Shuttle/TANK web site for schedules.